Thursday, July 31, 2008

Iron Horse John Wayne Distance Fun

This is me last year after my third flat tire on the Iron Horse Trail. On Friday, Kent, Rob, and I are riding up to Easton for an s240 with a church camp. Bike tourers are always advising to take advantage of the kindness of well meaning christians and so here we go. It's raining right now and I'm not sure how to get to the east side as I wish given the blue angels and all, but we'll figure it out. I'll take some heavier tires with me on this one.

This is one of the unsung tunnels on the trail. I think it fun to have, if not an asphalted trail that is so handy, at least something to ride on that goes through so many climates, that is Puget Sound, and then sub alpine, followed by arid scrub, all within a few miles.

Coming back, I'm looking forward to some great wind.

No comments: