Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weights and Measures

Here is a nice article in the Oregonian about randonneurring and all of its joys and sorrows.
http://www.oregonlive.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2008/09/to_the_randonneur_a_century_is.html

And here is a write-up from a friend's ride on the Mountain 600 a few weeks ago. I kind of wish I had taken 26 up to Windy Ridge just for the craziness.
http://rusa64.blogspot.com/2008/09/moon-and-mountain.html
Don't be confused, Mark is a monster bike rider and has been president of RUSA for a couple of years. Ouch!

On the bright side, I put my bike on the scale yesterday to see what my commuting/rando/everything ride weighs in at:

42lbs.

It's said that the most expensive question you can ask yourself is "how much does my bike weigh?" but I promise to stop right here and now.

For comparison, take that same bike from the picture at the top, take off the handlebar bag, change the tires from 32's to 35's, add a big Carradice bag filled with shoes and a camera, take off a water bottle, and there you have it. Enjoy.

No comments: